Rewind Physio must collect or receive certain information about you in order to provide Physiotherapy care. Data Protection is taken very seriously at Rewind Physio. This Policy informs you about the data that we collect, how it is used, how it is stored, whom it is shared with and your individual rights.
1. What Data does Rewind Physio Collect about you?
1.1 Data You Provide:
When using our services you need to provide your personal information including your Name, Address, DOB, Email address and Telephone number. We may also need to provide your GP details, Insurance details and any other relevant information.
During your assessment with Rewind Physio you will need to provide details of your medical history and may be questioned about your lifestyle, occupation, your physical health and mental wellbeing.
1.2 Data From Others
Information such as referral letters or investigation reports may be requested or received from 3rd parties involved in your care including GP’s, Consultants, Allied Healthcare Professionals, Solicitors or Medical Insurers.
2. Why does Rewind Physio need to collect and store my Personal Data?
Physiotherapists have a legal and Professional obligation to keep accurate medical records about all interactions with patients in accordance with HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and CSP (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy) standards of conduct.
3. How does Rewind Physio use Your Data?
3.1 We use your registration data to communicate with you regarding enquiries, to book appointments and to send you information about your care which may include exercises, advisory notes or clinical letters.
3.2 Your Clinical data is used to create a clinical diagnosis and to provide you with Physiotherapy care.
3.3 Your registration data may be used to book appointments online using a third party provider to send you booking confirmations & appointment reminders or to send exercise information (details can be found below*).
3.4 With your consent Rewind Physio may use your details for marketing purposes with specific offers or services that may be of interest to you.
4. How does Rewind Physio share your Data?
Information about you may be shared with other medical professionals, third parties or others involved in your care (such as allied health professionals, personal trainers, solicitors or private medical insurance companies) in order to provide you with the best possible treatment and advice only. Rewind Physio will seek to ensure that you are aware of such communication and where possible obtain your consent. You have the right to prevent sharing of your information although this may impact negatively upon your care and should be discussed.
5. Your Rights:
5.1 Data Retention
Medical notes form a legal record and must therefore be retained safely and securely in accordance with law. Your Personal data will be retained for a minimum time period as set out below:
Children & Young People
Until the patients 25th Birthday or 26th if young person was 17 at conclusion of treatment, or 8 years after death.
8 years after the conclusion of treatment or death
25 years after the birth of the last child
5.2 Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data
- Right to Delete Data: We are obliged by law to retain your medical records for a minimum period as detailed above.
- Right to Change or Correct Data: You can ask us to change or update your data particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Right to Object to, Limit or Restrict Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g. if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g. if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access your Data: You can ask for a copy of your personal data and we will consider your request in accordance with the applicable laws. A Subject Access Request will need to be made in writing. A response will be made within 30 days.
6. Storing your Data:
Security of your information is taken very seriously at Rewind Physio, we have implemented the following physical and electronic security safeguards to keep your information safe.
- Paper notes are stored in a locked filing cabinet behind a locked door with limited access.
- CCTV is in place to protect the premises.
- Electronic notes are stored by an approved Data Processor compliant with GDPR ***.
- Electronic documents are encrypted or password protected.
7. Contact Information:
If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact the Data Protection Officer / Sole practitioner at Rewind Physio, Sarah McKeown via email firstname.lastname@example.org 07775 500038 or in writing ℅ The Training Works, 120 St Margaret’s Road, Twickenham, TW1 2AA. Comments, Complaints or Queries about Rewind Physio services can also be directed to Sarah McKeown (details as above).
* MindBodyOnline (MBO) is used at The Training Works only to book appointments.
** PhysioTec is used to provide exercise information.
*** WriteUpp is used to store electronic notes.
Further details of all third parties used and their Privacy Policies can be obtained upon request and will be updated according to service requirements.